Would you like to help and collaborate in an astrophysical project at UCSC & Niels Bohr Institute ?
In this internship, you will have the opportunity to make use of some of the world’s best computers to investigate the biggest mysteries of our Universe. The main goal is to initiate and implement basic research. The summer stay is up to 3 months long, with all expenses paid by the sponsors (UCSC & Niels Bohr Institute).
With seventeen participating faculty members UCSC has the largest group of computational astrophysicists in the world. A large group of researchers at The Dark Cosmology Centre (DARK) ,Niels Bohr Institute, study the dark Universe through theoretical investigations and observations such such as gamma ray bursts (GRBs) and quasars.
- Being an undergraduate student (> 3rd year).
- Studying at any Mexican public university.
- Mexican citizenship.
- Programming skills (in any language).
- Advanced proficiency in English (no certificate required, but if you have one please include it in the application).
- Very good grades.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Positive attitude and self motivation (mandatory).
- Team and hard worker.
- Well defined field of interests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Medium knowledge of astronomy.
- Basic knowledge of cosmology.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to November 11th. 2016
INTERVIEWS OF SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES: TO BE ANNOUNCED
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: JANUARY 9TH, 2017